Friday, May 18, 2012

These are a few of my favourite things...

Here are a few of my current favourite things:

TV: 
The Vampire Diaries has been my favourite show for about 2 years now. I just can't get enough of it! After the whole Twilight fiasco, I didn't think I'd be able to get into anything Vampire/Werewolf related again, at least not anything that was targeted towards teens. But Vampire Diaries is just SO GOOD, and every episode has SO MUCH ACTION. Ian Somerhalder/Damon doesn't hurt either. :)

As for something a little more lighthearted, New Girl is a show that I just discovered after I finished writing exams last month. I watched all the episodes within about 3 days, and then cursed myself for starting to watch it while it was still in it's first season, because I wanted MORE! But alas, I must wait til every Tuesday for more, and soon it will be over for the summer. So sad. I will probably re-watch the entire season when that happens. Nick is my favourite character and Jess & Nick needs to happen now!

Music: 
Early last month I discovered Marina & the Diamonds with her release of Primadonna, the first single off her new CD - Electra Heart. Since Electra Heart wasn't out yet, I downloaded her last album instead - The Family Jewels. I fell in love & haven't been able to stop listening to any of her songs. Electra Heart is now out as well and the two albums are pretty much all I've been listening to. My favourite songs are Shampain, Oh No!, and Mowgli's Road off of The Family Jewels, and Homewrecker and Bubblegum Bitch off of Electra Heart. But I mean, those were hard to choose, because I actually love ALL of the songs.

Food/Drink: 
The concept of green smoothies are disgusting. I mean, think about it - you're drinking spinach. They also LOOK disgusting, like green slime! But with the right combination of ingredients - I like using vanilla or chocolate soy or almond milk, vanilla yogurt, bananas, and peanut butter - they are actually DELICIOUS. As well as filling, and hey, spinach has protein in it - that's a plus for me.

Green tea - OBSESSED. That is all.

Make sure to check out my beauty favourites on my Beauty/Fashion Blog! 

1 comment: