Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lady Gaga - Judas



April 16th, 2011:
I LOVE THIS SONG – which is actually such a relief to me. I have to admit that after Gaga's release of Born This Way, I was a little bit nervous for the rest of the album. Sure, it was catchy and it was fun, and it also had a great message, but I didn't feel like it was original (I listened to it against Madonna's Express Yourself, and it really does sound so similar). It also was definitely not a song I could listen to over and over again without getting sick of it. Within about a week of it being out, I was bored of it, and by now, I'm actually pretty tired of hearing it, and skip over it almost every time it comes up on my iTunes. I'm actually surprised it became a number 1 hit, but I think it was more the anticipation for it that made it happen, than the actual song itself.

I personally did not have as much anticipation for Judas as I did for Born This Way. Maybe that's why I'm not disappointed. Or maybe it's just a better song. The first time I listened to it yesterday, I didn't really pay much attention to the lyrics, and didn't feel like it was that memorable. However, that's also how I felt the first time I listened to Bad Romance when it was released, which went on to become one of my favourite and most-listened to songs. Today, I sat down and really listened to Judas – the lyrics, the melody, the way it all comes together. After that, my opinion of it rose immensely. Obviously there is a huge biblical reference, and I love how she ties it into the entire song and makes it work so well. I also really like how she sings the verses – it's different, which makes it unique from other songs, which makes it good, at least to me. And the chorus is super simple, but super catchy, and I love it.

 I'll say it again. I love this song. I don't feel like I will get sick of it very quickly either. I am once again excited for the Born This Way album to come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment