Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Favourite Movie

I bet you're looking at the picture right now and thinking I'm joking. I'm totally not. My favourite movie of all time is Disney's The Little Mermaid.

It probably has something to do with the fact that this was my first favourite movie. You know how kids will sometimes pick one movie and watch it over and over and over again, and never tire of it? The Little Mermaid was my movie on repeat. Except my love for this movie didn't just last for a year - it has lasted my whole life. I am amazed that the old VHS I have still runs! Although that doesn't matter, because as soon as it was released on DVD, I made sure to pick it up.

Of course I don't watch The Little Mermaid every day anymore, or even once a month. But if I'm looking for a movie and don't know what I want to watch, I will almost always choose to pop this in. What do I love so much about it? Well, for one thing, the songs. I like a lot of music from Disney movie, but there is something about the songs in The Little Mermaid that I just love - especially Part of Your World and Kiss the Girl! I know every word. How could I not at this point? Also, I think it's the whole fairy tale and fantasy thing, especially that it's not just your typical Disney Princess movie, but that the princess is a mermaid. I've been fascinated by mermaids and fairies and all things magical for as long as I can remember. Just the idea that there's a whole other world living right underneath our eyes that we don't even know about... it's that idea that I really love, I think.

So, yes. The Little Mermaid is my favourite movie. And I've seen a lot of movies in my life, and I do love a lot of movies almost as much. Almost. But I can pretty confidently say that no other movie will ever take first place.

What's your all-time favourite movie? Is it an unexpected choice like mine?

11 comments:

  1. Hello from France
    I am very happy to welcome you!
    Your blog is accepted in the CANADA in a minute!
    We ask that you follow the blog "Directory"
    Follow our blog gives you twice as many possibilities of visits to your blog! Thank you for your understanding
    On the right side with the books of green! You will find the country with the names of blogs by Country
    Invite your friends to join us in the "directory"
    The creation of this new blog "directory", allow a rapprochement between different countries, knowledge of different cultures and share traditions.et us different passions, fashion, paintings, crafts, cooking, photography, poetry and so be able to find in different countries in other people with similar passions.
    We are fortunate to be on the Blogspot platform that offers the opportunity to speak to the world.
    The more people and more opportunities that will, yes, I confess, I need people to know this blog!
    You are in some way the Ambassador of this blog and your Country.
    This is not a personal blog, I create for all to enjoy
    It is you also have to make known after your contacts and friends in your blog domain, the success of this blog, depends all Participants.
    So during your next comments with your friends ask them to come in the 'Directory' by joining in joining in our comments:
    *** I am in the directory come join me! http://world-directory-sweetmelody.blogspot.com/ ***
    You want this directory is more important? help me to make it grow
    Your blog is in the list CANADA and I hope this list will grow very quickly
    Regards
    Chris
    We ask that you follow our blog and place a badge of your choice has to know the "directory" to your friends to put on your blog
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/19/120319072128505749603643.gif
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/24/1203240217091250289621842.png
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/28/120328020518505749640557.gif
    http://nsm05.casimages.com/img/2012/03/26/1203260602581250289633006.gif

    If you wish to know the blog of your friends, send me their urls
    I see that you know many people in your country, you can try to get them in the directory?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this movie too :) I'm following you now :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh i just LOVE that movie !!!! ... You have a super nice blog by the way

    Just take a look at my blog and follow me if you like maybe also on Bloglovin
    It would be so great ...

    xxx
    Sandra
    ------------
    www.sunkissedlovechild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're joking? lol, The little mermaid is one of my favorites movies too! i love the magic issue, and the songs are really awesome! my favorites is under the sea <3!, lol. love your blog (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Disney is the best but.. my favourite film is Fight Club. I hope that doesn't make me seriously ungirly :) Little Mermaid will always be a childhood classic tho xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great film honey, this is one of my favourites!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there, I found your blog by way of Google even as looking for a similar topic, your website came up, it seems great. I’ve added to favourites|added to bookmarks.
    Custom Mobile Apps Development

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahah love this movie!
    http://thenovemberedition.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Truly, My choices could be as unexpected as yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really love the film, it's one of my favourites too!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love it too!

    http://thehandbagconcept.com/

    ReplyDelete